The Flathead Marines is a local organization of U.S. Marines and those who have served with Marines. Started in 2008, our goal is to foster comradery among Marines and their families, to support active duty Marines, to assist Marine Corps Programs that benefit the Valley we live in, to instill Esprit De Corps and Marines Corps Values in our local Community, and to provide support for other veterans’ organizations, other veterans, and their families. The Flathead Marines have become a close family that has grown to over 175 Marines here in the Flathead, our military service spans from World War II to the most recent conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The Flathead Marines, Inc. Is a Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, not affiliated with the Department of the Navy or the United States Marine Corps. We are a no dues organization that relies on the generosity of our community and our members to further our goals.
Our local community involvement includes:
- We have hosted the Flathead Valley Marine Corps Birthday Ball for the past 5 years. The attendance for the 239th Birthday Ball was 311 Marines and guests. Email us for details on next year’s ball.
- We have fundraised and donated over $10,000 to veterans organizations such as Northwest Montana Veterans Food Pantry, National Association of Wounded Warriors, Montana Wounded Warriors, and Operation Finally Home as well as donated over 1,000 lbs of food to the Food Pantry, and donated manpower and toys to the Toys for Tots program.
- We have assisted the local VA HUD/VASH program, individual veterans, and the Northwest Montana Veterans Food Pantry with volunteer labor assistance needs.
- We have assisted Marines and/or their Dependents when they are in need with limited financial and unlimited Semper Fidelis support.
- We participate in Kalispell’s Annual Fourth of July Parade.
- We have provided manpower assistance to the Flathead Building Associations Annual Parade of Homes, and the 2014 Mountain Madness Airshow.
- We perform the annual and event maintenance at the Flathead United Veterans Memorial in Kalispell’s Depot Park.
- We fielded a team in the 2013 Spartan Race, which included the oldest participant of the entire field at 72 years of age, and fielded a team in the 2014 Spartan Race, both of which where we employed the motto ‘No Marine Left Behind’ and finished the race as a team.
If you are a Marine or served with Marines, join us on the first Wednesday of every month at the Kalispell VFW at 1700 for a Happy Hour, for comradery and sea stories. We are a no dues organization.
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni.
Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever.